My library and archives card collection. January 2014, added the National Archives, London.
My favorite research resources, (in no particular order):
- The Internet
- Public libraries and archives
- OCR and how it allows for searchable databases of digitized old newspapers
- Librarians and archivists
- Microfilm readers which let you scan and save to file
- The flash drive
- Transcontinental jet travel
- Google Translate, Prompt, ABBYY Lingvo
- My library card(s) – can you ever have too many?
- The digital camera – my portable scanner
- The oversized computer monitor
- Progressive lens
- My Kobo e-reader and how it lets me read digitized rare books
- The printing press
- The spiral notebook
- Interlibrary loan
- The laptop
- The temporary limbo of the transit lounge, and the thoughts that come to you there
As of January 2012, Embroidering History is available for the Kobo eREADER. Click here to purchase.